- BSN from the University of Chile School of Nursing.
- MSN from Hunter College Graduate School of Nursing.
- Attendee of Feuer Nursing Review in 1983.
Professor Feuer worked for 15 years in Medical Surgical Nursing at various metropolitan hospitals and taught at the Iona College associate degree program and the Hospital for Special Surgery LPN program. She took over Feuer Nursing Review upon Dr. Helen Feuer’s retirement in 1994. Since then Feuer has helped thousands of nursing students apply the critical thinking skills and test-taking strategies needed to successfully pass the NCLEX exams. As an internationally educated nurse, she is keenly aware of the various learning needs of foreign-trained nursing students.
Medical Surgical Nursing
Salil Akhtar, ADN, BS, MA, EdM
- ADN from Cochran School of Nursing
- BS from SUNY @ Stony Brook
- MA from Teacher’s College – Columbia University
- EdM from Teacher’s College – Columbia University
Professor Akhtar is a Full-time Nursing Faculty teaching at Monroe College in the Bronx, NY; and Adjunct Faculty at Mercy College, Dobbs Ferry, NY. Some of his passions for teaching include Med/Surg Nursing, Advanced Pharmacology, Pathophysiology, and Human Patient Simulation. His student clinical rotations include Montefiore Medical Center and Jacobi Medical Center, Bronx NY.
Pediatric Nursing/ Women’s Health Maternal & Newborn Nursing
Jennifer Ort, MS, DNS , BSN, AAS
- MS from Mercy College
- DNS from the Sage Colleges
- BSN from Dominican College
- AAS from Frederick Community College
Assistant Professor Jennifer Ort is currently a faculty member at Western Connecticut State University where she enjoys teaching in the maternity & pediatric clinical, and the RN to BSN program. Prior to becoming a full-time educator Jennifer worked as a registered nurse and lactation consultant on the maternal-newborn unit at White Plains Hospital Center. In addition, Jennifer developed her lactation practice by implementing a lactation program at United Hospital in Portchester New York to include antepartum, intrapartum and postpartum counseling/education. In addition to teaching, Jennifer is actively involved in the Future of Nursing initiative as an Action Coalition Task Team Member in New York State. She is the president of Zeta-Omega at-Large Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International, and enjoys volunteering on the Nurse Advisory Council for the New York chapter of the March of Dimes, as well as membership in several other professional organizations.
- BSN from Cornell University School of Nursing.
- MSN from Columbia University Graduate School of Nursing.
- Member Sigma Theta Tau – Academic Nursing Honor Society.
Professor Owens has worked for 30 years in psychiatric nursing and 21 years at New York Hospital Cornell Medical Center as a nurse manager and nurse educator. She has spent over 20 years teaching nursing review courses for the NCLEX and has taught Psychiatric Nursing at the Borough of Manhattan Community College. Owens excels at simplifying difficult psychiatric concepts and explaining communication questions.
Medical Surgical Nursing
Anthony Pennington, MBA, MSN, RN-BC
- MBA from the University of Phoenix
- MSN from the University of Phoenix
- BSN from the University of Central Florida
- Certified in Cardiac Vascular Nursing
Professor Pennington has over 16 years of clinical experience and over 10 years of teaching experience. He is currently the Assistant Dean and Assistant Professor at the Remington College School of Nursing. While promoting patient safety and advocacy as essential components of the nursing profession, Pennington uses a passionate style of teaching that makes learning fun and interactive.
Debbie Diamond, MSN, ARNP, FNP-BC.
- MSN from Barry University
- BSN from Florida International University
- Post-masters certificate as a Family Nurse Practitioner from Barry University
- Diploma from Jackson Memorial Hospital School of Nursing
Professor Diamond has worked for Baptist Health South Florida for the past 19 years. She spent her early years working in the children’s hospital and now is assigned as full-time adjunct for Nova Southeastern University. She also works part-time as a Family Nurse Practioner in a community based primary care medical center. Professor Diamond takes pride in her ability to create a fun and stress free learning environment. She believes that humor opens the mind and engages the brain to limitless learning possibilities.