- BSN from the University of Chile School of Nursing.
- MSN from Hunter College Graduate School of Nursing.
- Attendee of Feuer Nursing Review in 1983.
Professor Feuer worked for 15 years in Medical Surgical Nursing at various metropolitan hospitals and taught at the Iona College associate degree program and the Hospital for Special Surgery LPN program. She took over Feuer Nursing Review upon Dr. Helen Feuer’s retirement in 1994. Since then Feuer has helped thousands of nursing students apply the critical thinking skills and test-taking strategies needed to successfully pass the NCLEX exams. As an internationally educated nurse, she is keenly aware of the various learning needs of foreign-trained nursing students.
Medical Surgical Nursing
Salil Akhtar, ADN, BS, MA, EdM
- ADN from Cochran School of Nursing
- BS from SUNY @ Stony Brook
- MA from Teacher’s College – Columbia University
- EdM from Teacher’s College – Columbia University
Professor Akhtar is a Full-time Nursing Faculty teaching at Monroe College in the Bronx, NY; and Adjunct Faculty at Mercy College, Dobbs Ferry, NY. Some of his passions for teaching include Med/Surg Nursing, Advanced Pharmacology, Pathophysiology, and Human Patient Simulation. His student clinical rotations include Montefiore Medical Center and Jacobi Medical Center, Bronx NY.
- ADN from Mount Vernon Hospital School of Nursing.
- BSN from College of New Rochelle.
- Currently pursuing MA in Nursing Education.
A certified childbirth educator, Professor Saleem began working as an adjunct clinical instructor for Mount Vernon Hospital in 2008 and for the last 13 years has been a Maternity/Labor & Delivery Nurse at St. John’s Riverside Hospital, NY. She is currently an adjunct maternity instructor at Westchester Community College and an adjunct clinical instructor for nursing fundamentals at Columbia University Medical Center.
- BSN from Cornell University School of Nursing.
- MSN from Columbia University Graduate School of Nursing.
- Member Sigma Theta Tau – Academic Nursing Honor Society.
Professor Owens has worked for 30 years in psychiatric nursing and 21 years at New York Hospital Cornell Medical Center as a nurse manager and nurse educator. She has spent over 20 years teaching nursing review courses for the NCLEX and has taught Psychiatric Nursing at the Borough of Manhattan Community College. Owens excels at simplifying difficult psychiatric concepts and explaining communication questions.
Medical Surgical Nursing
Anthony Pennington, MBA, MSN, RN-BC
- MBA from the University of Phoenix
- MSN from the University of Phoenix
- BSN from the University of Central Florida
- Certified in Cardiac Vascular Nursing
Professor Pennington has over 16 years of clinical experience and over 10 years of teaching experience. He is currently the Assistant Dean and Assistant Professor at the Remington College School of Nursing. While promoting patient safety and advocacy as essential components of the nursing profession, Pennington uses a passionate style of teaching that makes learning fun and interactive.